Researching My Southern Roots

"Who are their People? My grandmother used to ask me this whenever we discussed anyone. She wanted to know family connections.
Like her I want to know "My People". This blog is about that discovery.

Monday, June 24, 2013

This Week On My Family History Calendar

June 23-29

Friday, June 28

  • Alpheus J. Baker was born in 1824, 189 years ago, in Sumter County, SC.
  •  99th anniversary of the marriage of  William Treadford Roberts and Beulah Mae Price. They were married in 1914 in SC.

©Cheri Hudson Passey


  1. A birth and a marriage! It was a good day. I hope your summer is coming along well!

    One of my next tasks is to put up a surname cloud (or list) so that we can compare all of ours. Every time you mention "Sumter," I give a little involuntary jump. : ))

    1. Summer is going great! Not getting much done with the kids home, but that's OK!
      Looking forward to seeing your cloud!
      Hope your summer is coming along well too!