Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sentimental Sunday~David and Etta's Favorite Hymns


  The other day I received this Facebook message from my Mom's first cousin:

" Mom had told me that David's favorite hymn was Nailed Scarred Hands and Loretta's was Face to Face.."

This cousin's Mom and my Grandmother were sisters. David and Loretta were their parents, my Great Grandparents.
 How fun to have such personal information about them!
 I never knew Manning David Daughrity and Loretta McManus Daughrity. They died when my Grandmother was a teenager. She told me what she could about them but I had never heard about their favorite hymns.  I don't know if it is something that she knew.



Manning David Daughrity
© Cheri Hudson Passey












David's Favorite Hymn: Nail Scarred Hands

















Loreetta "Etta" McManus Daughrity
© Cheri Hudson Passey













Etta's Favorite Hymn: Face to Face


                                                  




 A little window into their lives to help me get to know them. I love genealogy and family history! It's about so much more than just names and dates!

© Cheri Hudson Passey


No comments:

Post a Comment