Tuesday, April 21, 2015

52 Ancestors Week 15~ Azile

    How Do You Spell That? is the theme for week 15 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition.
  While many of my ancestors had interesting names, my maternal Grandmother Azile Juanita Daughrity Roberts Sullivan (1921-2009) may have the most unique first name.
   Pronounced aa-zuh-lee, she was constantly telling people how to say and spell her name. It was often confused with the Azalea.
 Her husband, Frank, used to tease her and call her uh-zil-uh.

  No wonder her sisters called her Sue!

Azile Junaita Daughrity Roberts Sullivan (1921-2009)

Are we kin? Please contact me. Together we can find our people.
Thanks so much for stopping by!


 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have only seen the name a couple of times as I do research in the area where she was from. Not sure where her family got it from. Thanks for reading and commenting, Colleen!

      Delete
  2. What a unique name! I mentally pronounced it Ah-ZEEL for some reason. Hard to go through life always having to carefully spell one's name... Wouldn't it be wonderful to find out the source of that unusual name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia, that is how a lot of people pronounced it! Wish I knew where it came from too! Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my post!

      Delete