When we turn our hearts to our ancestors, something changes inside of us. We feel part of something greater than ourselves~Russell M. Nelson

Friday, July 24, 2015

52 Ancestors Week 29-Musically Inclined

 Week 29 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition by Amy Johnson Crow asks, "Which Ancestor was a musician?".
     Several members of my family tree had musical ability.
     Great Grandmother Loretta (McManus) Daughrity (1894-1936) played the piano, Great Uncle Arthur Daughrity (1875-1935) loved to sing, Gilbert Ernest Roberts (1920-1944), my Grandfather played the guitar.
  The ancestor that I was fortunate to be able to witness their love of music was my paternal Grandmother, Mary Baker Hudson (1920-2010). Mimi, as I called her loved to play the piano. She played by ear. That always amazed me. Having taken years of piano lessons, I couldn't get over the fact that she could just hear a song and then play it. Beautifully.
     This picture was taken on a visit from Mimi to our home. She joins my brother and I as we enjoy time together entertaining the family.

Mary Baker Hudson
1977
©Cheri Hudson Passey
               Such a precious memory! Do you have ancestors who were musically inclined? I'd love to hear about them.

Are we kin? Please contact me. Together we can find our people.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment