Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful, Grateful and Blessed



Week 48 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition by Amy Johnson Crow suggests Thankful as our topic.

   This week marks the return of me to blogging for the 52 Ancestors weekly themes. The last month was spent saying goodbye to a precious son and trying to deal with his loss.
    There are so many things to be thankful for even in times of trial.
I am thankful for good friends and family who helped and will continue to help us through this hardest of life events. 
 I am grateful for the genealogy community for their love and support. Family history and all it entails is not just a hobby or a fun thing to do. It's a passion, a calling for me. Being able to blog, write, research and engage in activities with those in this wonderful extended family has helped me immeasurably. 
  I am blessed to have a heritage of ancestors who lived, loved and passed on their strength to me. So many had to deal with hardships in their lives, including the deaths of children. That they picked up and carried on and in many cases became stronger through their experiences encourages me to follow in their footsteps. 
  
Because of each of you, I am thankful, grateful and blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment