Monday, December 7, 2015

Food, Family and Love

         Christmas 1971 was spent at my maternal Grandparents home. My father was in Vietnam so my mother, brother and I were staying with them during his one-year tour of duty.
      Christmas at Grandmom and Frank's was always filled with food, family and love. 


Christmas 1971
Sullivan Home
Camden, Kershaw, South Carolina
Gilbert Ernest Roberts, Jr. (1944-1999)
Frank Emerson Sullivan,Jr.(1923-2004)
Azile Juanita (Daughrity) Roberts Sullivan (1920-2009)

  The house is now owned by someone else and my grandparents and uncle have passed on, but the memories remain. 
  Holidays are still filled with food, family, and love. Generations move on as time passes. Old memories are stirred while new ones are made. 
  May this holiday season be filled with memories. Old and new. 

This post was written for week 49 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition by Amy Johnson Crow -Holidays.

Are we kin? Please contact me. Together we can find our people.
Thanks so much for stopping by.




2 comments: