Monday, December 14, 2015

From Naughty to Nice

   Going through some old pictures at my Great Grandparents house I had to laugh when I saw this picture.

Gilbert "Gil" Ernest Roberts, Jr. (1944-1999)
Christmas 1955

 During the celebration of Christmas 1955 at the home of William Treadford Roberts (1894-1959) and Beulah Mae (Price) Roberts (1897-1980), someone took this unflattering picture of my maternal Great Grandmother. 
  It may not be something Beulah wanted to save, but take a look at the young boy facing the camera. 
 That is my Uncle Gil. He would have been 11 in this picture. The sweet look on his face as he enjoys Christmas with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins is priceless. Well worth keeping. 
 The picture may appear "naughty" at first glance , but a closer look reveals the reality of the joy that comes from family.

 May you feel the love and joy of family during this special time of year.

This post was written for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition by Amy Johnson Crow Week 50~Naughty.

Are we kin? Please contact me. Together we can find our people.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



  

2 comments: