Sunday, January 3, 2016

This Week On My Family History Calendar

Jan.3-Jan.9



 January 3~
     My maternal Step Great Great Grandfather, James Lewis Williams (1872-1937) was born 143 years ago in Camden, Kershaw, South Carolina.  

 January 4~
  Mary Baker Hudson (1920-2010) my paternal Grandmother died peacefully in her home in Scranton, Florence, South Carolina 6 years ago. She was buried in the Sumter City Cemetery, Sumter, South Carolina. How I miss her!

January 6~
    Benjamin Reese Gibson (1824-1907) and Margaret Cantey (Walker) Gibson (1830-1900), my paternal  3rd Great Grandparents were married in Clarendon County, South Carolina 168 years ago. He was 24 and she was 18.

January 8~
    Just two days after her 52 wedding anniversary, my paternal 3rd Great Grandmother, Margaret Cantey (Walker) Gibson (1830-1900) passed away. Margaret was 70 when she died 116 years ago in Clarendon County, South Carolina.

 January 9~
   My maternal Great Great Grandparents, Manning David Dority, Sr. (1844-1918) and Mary Elizabeth (Stafford) Dority (1843-1930) were married 148 years ago.  They were married in Sumter County, South Carolina.  

Are we kin? Please contact me. Together we can find our people.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Cheri, I love these "This Week on My Family History" blog posts. Would you please share the program that creates the weekly calendar? Is it part of a genealogy database program? I'm currently evaluating for a change in the near future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I made the template on Word . The shapes of the days can be made longer or wider depending on how much info needs to go on a day. It's amazing that some weeks there are two or three things for one day and none for another.
    I use Legacy Family Tree. It has an option to click on each person to remind me of birth, death or anniversary events. I checked all of my direct line ancestors plus those of my Step Grandfather. That makes it easy to see from the home page what events I need to add to the calendar. After I add the names, I make a screen shot of the calendar and add it to my post. Hope that helps!
    I am glad you like these posts. They have really helped connect with "cousins" over the last few years.
    Thanks so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cheri! I'd love to borrow your idea (and credit you, of course). Would that be OK? I love the "cousin-bait" aspect of it as well as sharing with my own family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! No need to credit me. Just have fun with it!

      Delete