Sunday, May 28, 2017

Celebration Sunday~Genealogy Happy Dance!



You know the dance. You know you've done it. The one every researcher does after finding something new. The one where you want to jump up and down and shout to everyone around that you found the document, contacted a cousin who has the family Bible, made a DNA connection or found a whole new branch to your tree. The one that is met with glazed stares and eye rolls.
                                                          Celebration Sunday is a place to share your discoveries. 
This is a weekly series to enable everyone to tell about their Genealogy Happy Dance moment. This can be done by scrolling down and adding your story to the comments section. You may also put a link to a blog post.



                                                                 
My Happy Dance This Week: Teaching people to climb their family tree is something I love to do. This week I was able to help a group of  youth begin their journey and discover new ancestors. That was truly a Happy Dance moment!
                                                                                           Share your discovery!
                                                                                   Let the dancing commence!


Share the fun! Click below to tweet this post! 



Looking forward to reading about your Happy Dance moment!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Helping you climb your family tree,


4 comments:

  1. Cheri,
    Thanks so much for this opportunity to hang out in the "No Eye Rolling Zone"! In January 2016, I blogged about a Genealogy Happy Dance moment - when I discovered not only my Swedish great grandmother's maiden name but also the document that confirmed the story my dad told me years ago about her little boy named John. " . . . I leapt out of my chair and ran screaming out to the shed where my husband was calmly working on one of his many home-improvement projects. He thinks I’m crazy."
    Here's a link to that post -

    http://www.eightroadstomontana.com/britaandandrew/a-double-mystery-britas-maiden-name-and-her-son-johan/#fnref-877-1

    Thanks!
    Lark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, thanks so much for sharing your post!! A happy dance indeed!! Imagining the look on your husband's face when you tried to to explain your find makes me giggle!! We NEED a no eye rolling zone, don't we? Lol!

      Delete
  2. I recently danced a happy dance I've been waiting to dance for almost ten years.

    https://www.sassyjanegenealogy.com/ancestry-shaking-leaf/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 years is a long time to wait but makes the dance sweeter! Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete