Friday, July 24, 2015

52 Ancestors Week 29-Musically Inclined

 Week 29 of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2015 Edition by Amy Johnson Crow asks, "Which Ancestor was a musician?".
     Several members of my family tree had musical ability.
     Great-grandmother Loretta (McManus) Daughrity (1894-1936) played the piano, Great-uncle Arthur Daughrity (1875-1935) loved to sing, Gilbert Ernest Roberts (1920-1944), my grandfather played the guitar.
  The ancestor that I was fortunate to be able to witness their love of music was my paternal grandmother, Mary Baker Hudson (1920-2010). Mimi, as I called her loved to play the piano. She played by ear. That always amazed me. Having taken years of piano lessons, I couldn't get over the fact that she could just hear a song and then play it. Beautifully.
     This picture was taken on a visit from Mimi to our home. She joins my brother and me as we enjoy time together entertaining the family.

Mary Baker Hudson
1977
©Cheri Hudson Passey
               Such a precious memory! Do you have ancestors who were musically inclined? I'd love to hear about them.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Helping you climb your family tree,








No comments:

Post a Comment